This is a popular weekday dinner but delicious enough for any company. I love it with a simple salad.
Makes 4 to 5 servings¬†¬†
1. Cut chicken into 3oz or 4oz pieces and, between sheets of heavy plastic wrap, using a meat pounder, pound chicken to a thickness of about 1/4".
2. Place flour in a wide, shallow bowl, beaten eggs in another bowl and place breadcrumbs in another. Add cheese, parsley, lemon peel, salt and pepper to breadcrumbs and combine.
3. Dip pieces of chicken first into flour, shake off excess, then dip into egg and allow excess to run off, then pat in breadcrumbs. If not cooking immediately place chicken in a single layer on a baking rack set over a baking sheet and refrigerate.
4. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Add a few pieces of chicken at a time (do not overcrowd the pan) and cook about one minute on each side or until lightly browned. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Repeat until all pieces are browned. Place in a preheated 400F oven for 10 minutes or until just cooked through.
5. Serve with a slice of lemon on each piece of chicken.