Perfect for your honey for Valentine's Day. Use the best chocolate - we used Cacao Barry 70% chocolate. Any extra truffles keep well frozen.
About 24 truffles
- 8 oz best quality semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter, cut up
- 2 tbsp favourite liqueur, optional
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium sized mixing bowl. Bring cream to a boil. Pour hot cream over chocolate and shake gently so that cream just covers chocolate. Allow to rest two minutes. Stir until smooth. Stir in butter and liqueur if using.
- Stir mixture until cool and chocolate can be mounded. Spoon or pipe chocolate into 1 tbsp mounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.¬†Refrigerate until firm. Roll into irregular shaped balls.
- Sift cocoa and roll truffles in the cocoa mixture until well coated. Refrigerate or freeze.