Serve guacamole as an appetizer, on tortilla chips garnished with thinly sliced Jalapeno peppers, as topping for burgers, steak or chicken, as a sandwich spread and in tacos, burritos or even sushi rolls. You can add 1 clove minced garlic and/or 1 small tomato, halved, seeded and chopped.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 small jalapeno chile, halved, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lime juice or more to taste
- 2 ripe avocado (preferably Haas)
- Combine jalapeno, cilantro, salt and lime juice in a medium sized bowl. This can be made ahead.
- Just before serving, cut avocado in half. Remove pit. Scoop out avocado and dice. Add to mixture in bowl and mash in with a potato masher. It can be as smooth or chunky as you wish.¬† Taste and adjust seasoning.¬†If not serving immediately, cover the surface of the guacamole directly with plastic wrap to help prevent discolouration. Lots of lime juice also does the trick.