CUCUMBER CUPS WITH GREEK SALAD
This is a mini Greek salad with attitude and cuteness. A great summer appetizer!
Makes about 20 appetizers
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced very small
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, diced very small
- 1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp each or some of coarsely chopped fresh parsley, oregano, chives and mint
- 1 tbsp each of red wine vinegar and lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To make cucumber cups, slice cucumbers into 1/2" thick round. Scoop out top part of centre but leave bottom flat to contain the filling.
- Combine tomatoes with olives, cheese and herbs.
- In a small bowl whisk vinegar with lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and oil. Gently combine enough dressing with tomato mixture to moisten. Extra dressing will keep a few days.
- Just before serving spoon salad into cucumber cups.