FIG AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD WITH POMEGRANATE VINAIGRETTE
This beautiful holiday salad is from one of my favourite vegetarian cookbooks, ‚ÄúPlenty‚ÄĚ by Yotam Ottolenghi.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 tsp finely chopped or grated shallot
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus extra to finish
- 2 cups arugola (packed)
- 1/2 cup mixed red and green basil leaves
- 6 figs, cut into halves or quarters lengthwise depending on size
- 3 oz fresh goat cheese, cut into chunks or goat cheese curds
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Place shallots, mustard, pomegranate molasses and a little salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk vigorously while adding olive oil. Dressing should be homogenous.
- Toss arugola and basil with dressing. Line serving platter with dressed greens. Top with figs and cheese.
- Drizzle with a bit of extra olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter pomegranate seeds on top.