GRILLED ASPARAGUS PLATTER
There's nothing as good as locally grown, thick asparagus.
Makes 6 servings¬†
- 2 lbs asparagus (about 20 spears)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 oz Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved - optional
- 1 cup black, pitted olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil - optional
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Trim asparagus and if the stalks are¬†thick peel 1" up the stalks. Toss with olive oil and salt.¬† Barbecue a few minutes, turning often until browned slightly.¬†Cool.
- Arrange asparagus on a large platter. Scatter cheese, olives and tomatoes over the asparagus.¬†Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper.