GRILLED CHEESE WITH KALE AND RIOPELLE
This delicious version of grilled cheese can be made with your favourite grated cheese instead of the Riopelle and Swiss chard instead of kale.
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch black kale, trimmed and chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz Riopelle, thinly sliced
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and kale and cook until wilted, tender and any liquid in pan evaporates - about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool. (Pat dry if necessary.)
- Make sandwiches by topping 4 pieces of bread with kale. Top with slices of cheese in a single layer. Top with remaining bread.
- Grill sandwiches in a panini maker until cheese melts or heat a heavy skillet on medium high, brush with butter or olive oil and cook sandwiches, pressing firmly, a few minutes on each side until cheese starts to melt and sandwich is browned.