HADDOCK BURGERS WITH CURRY MAYO
When I was in Nova Scotia we had lunch at Lanes Privateer Inn in Liverpool, and had a delicious haddock burger. Hereâ€™s my version.
Makes 4 burgers
- 1 lb haddock fillets (or other thin white fleshed fish fillets), in four pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp curry paste
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 soft hamburger buns
- Season fish generously. Dip each piece into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Add fish in a single layer and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Drain. Do this in batches or in two pans if necessary.
- Combine mayonnaise with lemon juice and curry paste. Spread on top buns. Layer fish, tomatoes and lettuce on the bottom buns and cover with tops.