HOMEMADE CARAMEL CORN
We made this for Halloween but it is so addictive that we want it all the time.
Makes 8 cupsĀ
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 cups popped popcorn (popped from about 1/3 cup unpopped popcorn)
- 1 cup chopped roasted pecans, cashews or almonds - optional
- Bring sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil in a large saucepan. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring all the time. Remove from heat.
- Add baking soda and vanilla (mixture will bubble up). Stir in popped popcorn and nuts if using. Spread on a buttered baking sheet or one lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 275F oven for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool.