LEMON PANNA COTTA
Ad Hoc is Thomas Keller's casual restaurant in Yountville. They offer a fixed-price menu that changes daily. This is similar to the yummy dessert Ray and I enjoyed there. If you are using gelatine sheets use four of them and soak them in a bowl of cold water about five minutes. Lift them out and squeeze out excess water and add to the warm cream and sugar mixture in step 2, it will dissolves almost instantly. Omit step 1.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (thick yogurt)
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in a small saucepan. Allow to rest 5 minutes, then warm gently until gelatine dissolves.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan gently heat sugar and half the cream. Cook just until sugar dissolves. Stir in lemon juice, peel and vanilla bean paste. Whisk in dissolved gelatine and cool 10 minutes. Whisk in remaining cream and yogurt.
- Divide mixture among 8 ramekins. Chill until set, at least 2 hours. Serve in the ramekins.