MARINATED GOAT CHEESE
Marinated chevre (goat cheese) never goes out of style. It came and stayed! This can be used as a spread on bread, crackers or gougere. If you make it a few days or a week ahead, keep it in the refrigerator but be sure to serve it at room temperature.
Makes 12 to 16 servings
- 1 lb Mild Goat Cheese, Cut Into 1/2" Rounds
- 1/4 cup Pitted Green Olives, Halved
- 1/4 cup Pitted Black Olives, Halved
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parlsey
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Coarsely Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Arrange slices of goat cheese in a single layer in a serving dish. Arrange olives around. Sprinkle with herbs and pepper.
- Combine garlic with balsamic and olive oil. Pour over and around cheese. Cover.Â If not using within a few hours refrigerate.
- Serve at room temperature with lots of crusty bread.