MILK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
I love milk chocolate and ever since Francine Menard introduced us to Cocao Barry Ghana 40% Milk Chocolate I have come to appreciate the caramel and hazelnut tones in this particular milk chocolate. A perfect little treat for your Valentine or anytime.
Makes about 48 cookies
- 1 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract or paste
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 lb Cocao Barry Ghana 40% Milk Chocolate Pistoles (or other milk chocolate pieces)
- In a mixer cream butter with white and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla.
- In a large bowl sift or mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix creamed butter mixture into flour mixture and knead together with a wooden spoon or your hands. Mix in chocolate. Refrigerate dough at least one hour or overnight.
- Place¬†dough in 1.5" balls on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10 to 11 minutes or until cookies are just browning a little. Cool on wire racks. I like them chewy.