POMEGRANATE AND MUSHROOM SOY GLAZED SIRLOIN STEAK
This recipe, perfect for Fatherâ€™s Day, or any day, was inspired by cookbook author Hugh Carpenter. Mushroom soy is sometimes called dark soy sauce and is available at all Asian markets.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 lb sirloin steak, about 1 1/2" thick
- 1 tbsp mushroom soy
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt (eg Maldon)
- Trim excess fat from steak. Rub steak with mushroom soy. Rub with pomegranate molasses. Rub with salt and pepper. Marinate a few hours in the refrigerator.
- To cook place steak on hot barbecue and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until medium rare.
- Let steak rest 5 to 10 minutes. Carve across the grain.