ROASTED BUTTERNUT WITH SEEDS AND POMEGRANATE DRIZZLE
Butternut and buttercup squash are my favourites for their rich colour, texture and sweet taste. Roasted and then paired with toasted seeds and ruby red pomegranates this tastes as good as it looks.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 large butternut squash or 2 smaller ones (about 4 lbs)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- fresh sage leaves or arugola
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup sour cream or thick (Greek) yogurt
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard seeds. Cut into half moons and half rings. Toss with olive oil and salt. Arrange on baking sheets lined with parchment. Roast in a preheated 425F for 25 to 30 minutes until tender and browned. (Turn over if necessary.)
- Place pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds on a baking sheet and roast 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine sour cream with pomegranate molasses. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, arrange sage on a platter and top with slices of butternut. Sprinkle with sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and then sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.¬†Drizzle with some of the dip and serve extra at the table.