ROASTED FINGERLING FRIES WITH AIOLI DRIZZLE
We co-hosted a corporate event at The Drake Hotel with Chef Anthony Rose. Instead of serving his famous French Fries, for something a little less rich we went for these roasted fries. Now these are famous.
Makes 8¬†to 10 servings
- 3 lbs fingerling potatoes, halved on the diagonal
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- aioli drizzle:
- 2 whole heads garlic
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or thick yogurt
- For aioli, cut top quarter off heads of garlic. Wrap in foil and roast in a preheated 350F oven for 45 to 60 minutes until very tender. Cool. Squeeze out garlic, mash (puree if necessary), and combine with yogurt.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and thyme. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in a 425F oven for 35 to 40 minutes until browned, crisp and tender inside.
- Place potatoes in small individual take-out containers and drizzle with aioli. Sprinkle with a bit of parsley. Serve with a skewer.