ROASTED PUMPKIN SPREAD WITH TAHINI
A delicious, lighter version of hummos inspired by my recent trip to Israel. Prince is a very good brand of tahini. Serve with pita chips.
Makes 3 cups
- 3 lb butternut squash
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice or more to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or thick yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard seeds. Brush cut surfaces with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet with cut side down. Roast squash in a preheated 350F oven 40 to 50 minutes until very tender. Cool.
- In a bowl combine tahini with garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- Scoop squash out of shell into a large bowl. Mash with the tahini mayonnaise. Mixture should be slightly coarse. Season to taste.