SAUTEED TROUT FILLETS
My sister and brother-in-law made this delicious fish for me one night.
Makes 4 to 5 servings
- 2 lbs trout fillets, about 1/2" thick
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter - divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Season fish generously with salt and pepper. Dip into flour lightly and shake off any excess flour.
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil and half the butter. When hot, add fish. Do not overcrowd the pan - do this in two batches. Cook fish 2 to 3 minutes per side until browned, crispy and just cooked through.
- Discard any oil left in the pan and return pan to heat. Add the remaining butter and lemon juice. When butter melts spoon it over the fish.