SHRIMP AND EGG OPEN FACED SANDWICHES
When I was in Copenhagen I renewed my love of open faced sandwiches. (Remember the Danish food Centre?) This is a very easy and popular one. And it looks gorgeous.
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 4 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 3/4 lb small, cooked salad shrimp
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 thin slices dark rye bread
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- sprigs of fresh dill or sprouts
- Season eggs and shrimp lightly with salt and pepper.
- Butter bread and place one slice on each of four plates. Top bread with overlapping slices of egg. Drizzle with mayonnaise.
- Mound shrimp on top of eggs and mayo and garnish with dill or sprouts.