SHRIMP COCKTAIL SALAD
Shrimp cocktail seems to be making a comeback. You can go retro and serve it in cocktail glasses, or update the idea, by grilling the shrimp and serving it salad style on a platter with crispy Romaine leaves, drizzled with sauce.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 lbs extra large shrimp (or prawns), cleaned and cooked (boiled or grilled)
- Romaine hearts
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- cocktail sauce:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Heinz sweet chili sauce or ketchup
- 2 tbsp grated horseradish (fresh or bottled)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- For cocktail sauce combine mayonnaise with chili sauce, horseradish, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Arrange lettuce on a platter. Place shrimp on lettuce. Spoon some sauce over shrimp and pass the rest or use as a dip.¬†Sprinkle with parsley.