SMOKED TROUT AND POTATO SALAD
This German style potato and smoked fish salad makes a great appetizer or light main course for summer. Omit the trout and serve this as a side salad at your next barbecue.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 lbs mini red potatoes, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lb skinned and boned smoked trout, broken into chunks
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of cold, salted water. Cook approximately 20 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile combine vinegar with mustard, salt, pepper and shallot. Whisk in oil. Gently combine with warm potatoes. Add green onions and parsley.
- Gently combine trout with potatoes. Dot with creme faiche and sprinkle with dill.