THYME ROASTED HALIBUT
This is by far the easiest (and my favourite) way to cook fish. Itâ€™s plain but not too plain. It works well with any thick fillet like salmon, halibut, sablefish or cod.
Makes 4 to 6 servingsÂ
- 2 lbs (1kg) boneless, skinless halibut fillet, in one piece
- 2 tbsp (25mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5mL) kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) fresh ground black pepper
- Place fish, fleshy side up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.Â Drizzle olive oil over fish and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Roast fish in a preheated 425F (210C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on thickness of fish, or until fish is just cooked through.