WARM COUSCOUS SALAD WITH SWEET POTATOES AND EGGPLANT
I learned the technique of roastingĀ couscous at the Tishbi Winery Cafe in Israel. This is my adaption of their recipe.
Makes 6 to 8 servingsĀ Ā
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 lb Asian eggplants, trimmed and diced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt - divided
- 1/4 tsp aleppo pepper or cayenne - divided
- 2 cups instant couscous
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes or marinated cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup goat cheese, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss sweet potatoes and eggplant in separate bowls with 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil each and half the salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheets lined with parchment. Roast in a preheated 400F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned and crispy. Reserve.
- Meanwhile place instant couscous in a baking dish with salt and boiling water. Cover with foil and let soak 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Toss with theĀ 1/3 cup of olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in a preheated 425F oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- Combine couscous with sweet potatoes, eggplant, sundried tomatoes, cilantro and cheese. Season to taste.