WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT BARK WITH PISTACHIOS
Chocolate bark is really easy to make and everyone loves it so much. You can vary it with different types of chocolate, nuts and dried fruit.
Makes about 24 pieces
- 12 oz best quality white chocolate (preferably Valrhona)
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios or almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- Gold flakes - optional
- Chop chocolate if necessary. Place chocolate in a bowl and set over a bowl of gently simmering water. Stir until chocolate melts smoothly. Or melt in a glass bowl in the microwave, checking every 30 seconds. Cool. Mixture should be at room temperature but still liquid.
- Stir in nuts and dried fruit.¬†Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.¬†Sprinkle with gold¬†flakes if using. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into chunks.
- ¬†When cold, break into pieces.