WILD MUSHROOM MEDLEY BRUSCHETTA
We used to have the most amazing books clubs where authors attended, spoke to the group and then we made dinner for everyone, somehow related to the book. This was the appetizer we served the night Margaret Atwood was the guest author for Year of the Flood.
MakesĀ 16 piecesĀ
- 1 lb mixed wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp white truffle oil - optional
- 8 oz riopelle, Brie or goat cheese
- 16 slices baguette
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Cook mushrooms and garlic in olive oil in a large heavy skillet until any liquid evaporates. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Add truffle oil if using.
- Trim rind off cheese if necessary or too strong.
- Brush bread on one side with olive oil or butter. Grill or broil about one to two minutes per side until crusty on the outside but still chewy on the inside.
- Spread oiled side with cheese and top with mushrooms. Sprinkle with tarragon.